There’s a lot of foods that are bad for you, that will put weight on your bodies. But believe it or not, there are actually foods to help you lose weight! The problem is most people are taught that eating in some form is bad or that it puts weight on our bodie. That’s not true, food is important for our bodies to have, for energy purposes, for immunity purposes, and other nutrients that we need for healthy skin, hair , and functional health. The problem lies in that there are a lot of foods that do no good for our bodies but they are constantly advertised and consumed by the masses. I’m going to list 5 foods that should be added to your diet to help you lose weight.
1. Unsaturated fats (almonds, cashews, avocados, olive oil and more) foods with these types of fats slowly empty your stomach causing you to feel fuller longer. Any time you can feel fuller, it will cause you to eat less and smaller portions.
2. Spices like cinnamon because lower have been shown to lower blood sugar levels which stops from you having insulin spikes so that your body doesn’t convert it to fat.
3. Low fat dairy like cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, both are low in fat and high in good bacteria as well as high in protein. 1cup of cottage cheese can have 10 or more grams of protein in it! Protein helps our bodies feel full!
4. Also herbs because they are known to speed up metabolic rates.
5. And lastly nuts because they are high in unsaturated fat and high in protein causing you to feel full once again!
As you can clearly see one of the main goals of healthy eating is to feel full. You can do this by increasing protein intake, fiber intake and eating healthy foods like the ones I’ve listed here! You can do this, have a good one!