Make time for eating right and working out. I was talking to a young guy yesterday, and I asked him “why did you let your lifestyle of eating right and working out go?” And he had a good answer, in that life gets in the way, you have a spouse, then kids and they are put first and you forget about eating right and working out. Then he said he had to learn how to put them first but still take care of himself. That is setting aside time to meal prep and 30 minutes 3-5 times a week to workout.
To do this you have to make time for it. All you need is 20-30 minutes to get a good effective workout. So instead of sleeping in, the first thing I recommend is going to bed 30 minutes earlier then normal and waking up 30 minutes earlier than normal to get your workout in, (in home personal trainer dallas). Another thing is instead of taking an hour lunch, skip lunch you can eat at your desk, (celebrity personal trainer dallas) and do a 30 minute workout followed by a 15 minute fresh shower, then use the last 15 minutes you have to eat at your desk. In home personal training dallas. Lastly but most important take 1 hour out of your weekend to meal prep, make your meals for the week on Sunday so that you’re ready to conquer your fitness goals for the week.
Your mind is key, it’s where your desire starts!
1. Eggs- eat 5 eggs 24 hours before your workout or vigorous activity
2. A fatty 10oz steak or more, aim for the fatty cuts like ribeye, prime rib
3. Brazil nuts eat 4 2 hours before vigorous activity
The best back workout is the standard pull up, because it works so many muscles at once! Back, biceps, shoulders and core!
You can stay away from bad carbs like bread, pasta, candies, sodas, white rice, because you know that brown rice taste good, pasta is not something your eat everyday, sodas, candies are foods you rarely eat anyways. Bread is something that will be tough for you, (celebrity trainer dallas, in home personal trainer dallas) but you can do it because you want to reach your goals. The hard part for you will be alcohol because that’s the normal day to day stuff you want. You use alcohol to get through your day, to get through your week, and to make your weekends better. So I will tell you that you can have alcohol, but only a certain type and only in moderation. Stick to dry red wines and 5-10oz a day! Bam thats plenty!
Almost all nutritionist and personal trainers highly recommend people to drink a lot of water. Even the National Institute of Health recommends men 128 oz of water a day and women 91 oz of water a day. The reason why is many. For one water helps keep the kidneys and pancreas in good function for your daily flushing and activities that goes on in your body. When you eat food , your body needs the proper fluid (water in most cases) to keep the food flowing throughout the body. Next you body needs water to keep your cells and skin hydrated, if you don’t drink any water at all you can die of dehydration, you can feel tired a lot, and your skin will be very dry. Lastly and important to your weight loss goals, or muscle building goals, water helps you feel full so if you’re aiming to achieve weight loss then water is key for that. Also our muscles are comprised of 70% water, so the more water the more muscle you will have on you. So keep drinking water throughout the day.
1. Admitting your weakness, acknowledging that you have a weakness in eating and working out is the first step towards achieving your goals.
2. Determine what your strategy will be, what you will do to execute your plan to being healthier and fit.
3. Executing the plan. Doing what you said you’ll do even when you don’t feel like it. Eating right, and working out, doing the intangibles to getting to your goals.
Benefits of weight training:
1. Increase lean muscle mass
2. Burn calories that day
3. Burn calories several days after
4. Helps speed up your metabolism
5. Improves your strength
6. Improves your posture
Do you have a lot on your mind? Have you been stressed out lately? Or feeling overwhelmed? Then I suggest for you to go for a walk. Take time out of your busy day to spend time with you. Take yourself for a walk. Walking outside has been shown to lower stress levels, improve self esteem and it’s great for cardio vascular health. So if you will make time today, then go for a nice walk.
1. Stay full, eat high protein and fibrous foods that will lower your cravings for bad food.
2. Everyday drink half your body weight in water and you’ll stay fuller throughout the day
3. Just resist, use your will power and resist bad foods.