1. Low Fiber diet. Aim for 25-35 grams of fiber a day. The best way to incorporate these are through legumes and lentils like beans. Also your veggies and complex carbs. 1 cup of beans typically yields 12-18 grams of fiber alone!
2. Not enough water in our diets. Aim for a gallon a day. Which is 128oz or 8 (16oz) water bottles. Minimum we should get 64oz, so 4 water bottles a day. The best tip I can give you is start early. After waking up aim to get 32oz of water before you get to work. Then the rest of the day simplifies.
Do you ever crave a strong bubbly drink but don’t want the extra calories, or sugar or carbs?
I have a solution for you, it is “Topo Chico” I started drinking these a year ago and I liked the original. But Now I’ve expanded my taste buds to the lime as well as the grapefruit twist. And I think you may like it too. Zero Calories and no add or substitude sugars makes it a healthy choice. Give it a try
On Monday I sent you a simple in home workout, targeting your core , legs and cardio. Today we will do chest, cardio and core. Check out below:
10 rounds of:
30 high knees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdkytliOqE
5 wide push ups: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78GwfC-87Y
10 second tight plank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIjsG5Svck
Since COVID-19 is about having a strong immune system, I am going to share with you 3 keys to building a strong immune system in no particular order:
1. Get Plenty of Sleep, sleep is vital to a strong immune system. For most people thats anywhere from 6-9 hours of sleep with 8 hours being a sweet spot for most people.
2. They way you eat. Stick with a low sugar diet, high in micro-nutrients (your vitamins specifically C and D) Look for veggies like broccoli and carrots and kale. And Fruits like oranges and apples and pomegranates.
3. Exercise, I can tell you to lift weights or go do sprints but even a basic 30 min at your pace walk is excellent 3 times a week.
I hope this helps, my prayer is for you to stay healthy!
Hey Everyone! I know right now it’s tough in a-lot of areas of life since most places are closed. Including Gyms! So I’ll be sending weekly workouts to help you stay fit. Feel free to use:
Workout A: Total Body + Legs+ Core
4×8 dumbbell squats (use challenging weights once form is good)—4×15 squat to press up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y29Cs067sD8)——4 planks at 10 seconds each 4 sets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIjsG5Svck)
4×8 dumbbell squat deadlifts in front (use challenging weights) (use dumbbells or barbell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UwO0fKukRw) ——4×10 reverse lunge to lateral raise(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PVtH0sbkg)——plank with 5 lateral taps (with out the leg band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLOXT3mtzE)
4×20 leg curl machine (use light weight)—4×20 leg extension machine (use light weight) —— plank with 10 vertical taps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexgiQZetb8)